[texhax] Wrong latex getting used.

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue Mar 3 07:20:03 CET 2009

On  2 Mar, 2009, at 21:30, Rolf Turner wrote:

> Thanks very much for your message.  I think you've solved my
> problem, at least at the initial level.

Good to hear that.

[...]

>> or 3) comment out momentarily the Fink line ( . /sw/bin/init.sh
>> in .bashrc, and something similar in .cshrc),
>
> Nya-ha!  That's where the refusal to set my path to what I want is
> coming from.

The purpose of that line is to *prepend* Fink's path. They say they
have good reasons for that.

> I commented out the ``source /sw/bin/init.sh" line in my .cshrc file
> sourced .cshrc, and then did  ``latex junk''.  Bingo!  [...]  Seems
> a wee bit jerry-built to jigger around with the path like that,
> but.  Am I running into any dangers that way?

I don't think so ---you seem to know what you're doing. And you can
change it if something doesn't work. When I used Fink ---years ago---
what I did was to erase it's path altogether and use the X11
application menu to call it's programs with something like

source /sw/bin/init.sh ; texmacs &

Best,

Axel