[texhax] using lineno.sty with latex

Joao.Santos at ny.frb.org Joao.Santos at ny.frb.org
Wed Feb 4 17:19:21 CET 2009

I am trying to use lineno.sty with latex.

First, I went to CTAN, followed the instructions and downloaded the
following files to my computer

  lineno.sty, edtable.sty, ednmath0.sty, ltabptch.sty and  longtable.sty

Second, in a latex document I am trying to add line, I added at the to

\usepage{lineno}

When I try to compile the document, I keep getting the following error

(c:/Program Files/PCTeX/PCTeXv6/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/amssymb.sty)
(c:/Program Files/PCTeX/PCTeXv6/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/epsfig.sty)
(./lineno.sty

! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

Any suggestion to fix this problem or for using lineno.sty correctly with
latex?

Many thanks in advance
Joao Santos