[texhax] TeX command works for "1 Foo" but not for "11 Foo"

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Wed Oct 31 11:57:25 CET 2007

also sprach Susan Dittmar <SDittmar at eureca.de> [2007.10.31.1140 +0100]:
> \makeatletter just allows the usage of @ as part of a command name.
> This already is true inside package files (style files). I'm surprised it
> is true in the preamble aswell

It's not. I define the command in a .sty file I then incorporate
with \usepackage.

When I was trying to redefine the way description items are
rendered in the preamble, I had to make use of \makeatletter:

  \makeatletter
  \renewcommand{\descriptionlabel}[1]%
    {\hspace{\labelsep}\descfont{#1}\normalfont~—}
  \makeatother

I suppose this was because something somehwere made use of an @ sign.

"people don't want a president to say 'never'.
 using violence is never the first choice of the president".
                                                   -- george w. bush

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net