[texhax] TeX command works for "1 Foo" but not for "11 Foo"

Susan Dittmar SDittmar at eureca.de
Wed Oct 31 11:40:28 CET 2007

Dear Martin,

Quoting martin f krafft (madduck at madduck.net):
> 1. Why do you postpone the command creation until \makeatletter? It
> works just fine if I define it in the preamble with \newcommand.

\makeatletter just allows the usage of @ as part of a command name.
This already is true inside package files (style files). I'm surprised it
is true in the preamble aswell, though that might be just me. (I just
always use \makeatletter when I need such a command, so I usually need not
remember whether it would work without this command...)

I leave the rest of your questions to those more skilled at TeX than me...

Hope that helps,

	Susan