[texhax] [pdftex] DVI to HTML mechanism demo

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Oct 28 12:07:43 CET 2007

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> Sebastian, how do you write math formulas?  Directly in XML?  Or do
> you use a dedicated formula editor?  I understand that people want to
> enter formulas in tex syntax because this is most straightforward.

you should know me better than that, Reinhard:-}
I don't ever write math, and don't see much likelihood
of having to in the years remaining to me.
> How do you solve the font problem in XML?
depends what you mean by the "font problem".
the sort of stuff I do is catered for by Unicode,
I am afraid.

But I agree, if I had to do it, I'd be looking at SVG.

Sorry, but I live in a world where dynamic information
delivery via web protocols is the king.
Can you imagine Facebook in PDF?

--
Sebastian Rahtz