[texhax] vertical lines in pstricks

Zbigniew Nitecki zbigniew.nitecki at tufts.edu
Tue Aug 15 20:24:07 CEST 2006

A fillstyle vlines or hlines creates lines making a 45 degree angle
with the horizontal (or vertical);  so to create truly vertical lines
as a fillstye, I tried adding hatchangle=0 (for vlines) or
hatchangle=90 (for hlines).  Either way, I get lines spaced so close
together that, while they look OK on the screen, when printed they
create the same effect as a fillstyle=solid, fillcolor=black.
So I tried also adding hatchsep=[various amounts:  according to the
Latex Graphics Companion, the default is 4pt, so I tried 8, 18, and
50].  This had no visible effect on the outcome.  Any suggestions on
how to get more spaced-out vertical lines for a fill?

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155