[texhax] vertical lines in pstricks

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Aug 15 21:18:19 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 14:24, Zbigniew Nitecki wrote:
> A fillstyle vlines or hlines creates lines making a 45 degree angle
> with the horizontal (or vertical);  so to create truly vertical lines
> as a fillstye, I tried adding hatchangle=0 (for vlines) or
> hatchangle=90 (for hlines).  Either way, I get lines spaced so close
> together that, while they look OK on the screen, when printed they
> create the same effect as a fillstyle=solid, fillcolor=black.
> So I tried also adding hatchsep=[various amounts:  according to the
> Latex Graphics Companion, the default is 4pt, so I tried 8, 18, and
> 50].  This had no visible effect on the outcome.  Any suggestions on
> how to get more spaced-out vertical lines for a fill?
>
> Zbigniew Nitecki
> Department of Mathematics
> Tufts University
> Medford, MA 02155
>
> telephones:
> Office    (617)627-3843
> Dept.    (617)627-3234
> Dept. fax    (617)627-3966
Basically what you see on the screen should be what you get on
the printer. so let me probe a bit.

What kind of printer are you using? Can you print out the
file on another printer on another machine and evaluate the
results? Or can you send me the source or finished file for
evaluation on my computer?

Are you using LaTeX or pdfLaTeX? Are you printing a PostScript
file directly or a PDF file from Acrobat Reader?

You may also check in with the pstricks list:
pstricks at tug.org

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting