[texhax] dvips having trouble finding font

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Apr 25 00:30:59 CEST 2006

Hi Douglas,

    kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 600 --mag 1+120/600

The dreaded problem.

In my psfonts.map, there is a line
pmhg pmhg <pmhg.pfb

I believe you need to add that line too.  Run
  kpsewhich psfonts.map
to find where your live psfonts.map is.
(Assuming you have pmhg.pfb on your system.)

Of course there are other places you could add it, then rerun updmap,
etc., to make it known, but at least the above will determine whether
the map file is the problem.

I'm not too sure why xdvi was able to find it.

BTW, I asked Peter W to give those fonts more descriptive PostScript names :).

Hope this helps,
karl