[texhax] Two separate files

Herbert Gintis hgintis at comcast.net
Mon Oct 27 17:31:51 CET 2003

At 03:14 PM 10/27/2003 +0200, Rama Porrat wrote:
>Dear Gurus,
>My friend Ofer Biham has to submit a LaTeX article, in pdf form, so that the
>article will consist of two separate files -- one file would be the article,
>the other file wil be the bibliography.
>Is it possible to create two separate files using LaTeX + bibTeX?  How can
>this be done?
>Thanks a lot, Rama.
         If you have a copy of Acrobat, at least the last couple of
releases, you can use it to divide the pdf file up into pages any way you like.
         If you don't have Acrobat, you can copy your LaTeX file to a
second file, take out all the text, and replace the \cites by \nocites.
Then generate a pdf file from this.
         There are probably better ways to do it, using the bbl file directly.

Herb

Herbert Gintis
Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of
Massachusetts
External Faculty, Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe, NM
15 Forbes Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060
413-586-7756  (Home Office) 206-984-9873 (Fax)
Recent papers are posted on my <http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~gintis>web site.
Get Game Theory Evolving (Princeton, 2000) at
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0691009430/qid=1057311870/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-8882889-4632849?v=glance&s=books>Amazon.com.
New Email Address is hgintis at comcast.net
There is no sorrow so great that does not find
its background in joy.
                                                 Niels Bohr (1938)