[texhax] pagenumbering

Philip G. Ratcliffe philipratcliffe at tiscali.it
Wed Dec 3 23:16:04 CET 2003

> Thanks for the 'hint'. I'm sorry, it dint work. May be I will sit and
> work around to get it done.

Well, it should work.  Of course, I was assuming you were using LaTeX, but
then you didn't bother to say.

> If dont bother, a link to the Fairbairns would have helped a lot instead
> of  "180/322 questions".

I didn't have a link, but googling The UK TEX FAQ Your 322 Questions gets
the latest version first time (which has been updated to 338 so it's
actually Q. 182).

But the question is: why am I doing the googling for you?

> If one gives a search in net for the above document(UK TEX FAQ), IMHO,
> one cannot dig out the ~~~~/FAQ180.html  unlike other question numbers.
> Also if one gives a rapid search in net for page numbering, styles, etc,
> one will end up with around 95++% the normal pagenumbering styles ONLY
> which  I consider as a trivial. The present situation in not dealt in
> most of them(sorry for loose quantification).

But many of them explain a little of what they do and can be modified.

> A bit of frustration is after reading handful of introductory manuals
> and not finding even a hint of what can be done on it.

I assume you missed the "Gentle Introduction to TeX" (distributed with
MiKTeX), see page 28 in the English version.

> Anyway thanks a lot for sharing the thought.

Not at all.

Cordialmente,  Philip G. Ratcliffe