[texdvd] I will want *a* DVD but if there is going to be an ISO image I can burn my own.

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Mar 14 22:15:22 CET 2024

Hi Mark,

    I am unable to label or print on optical discs so I probably cannot burn
    discs for others,

FWIW, I don't think there's a need to print a label or other material on
the discs. I was imagining merely writing "TeX Live 2024" (or whatever)
by hand with a sharpie, or some such. Anyway ...

    but I will want to be able to burn my own. Will there be an ISO
    image available for download?

Yes. You can get the ISO image for TeX Live 2024 from
  https://ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/Images/
You'll need some sort of double-capacity disc, since it's nearly 6GB.

If you want one of the other components, they're in process. I could
make a .iso for MacTeX quickly. MiKTeX and CTAN will take more time (I
have no ETA).

There will be no single .iso for all four components put together since
that would be even larger than a double-capacity disc.

Thanks for writing,
Karl