[texdvd] single-layer vs. otherwise

Stephen Kellat alpacaherder at live.com
Thu Feb 29 18:51:37 CET 2024

I’ll have to look into sourcing dual-layer discs.  MicroCenter doesn’t have much choice available on its site for purchasing: https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntk=all&sortby=match&N=4294961470+4294810112+4294821956

The selection at B&H Photo Video isn’t much broader: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?q=dual%20layer&sort=BEST_SELLERS&filters=fct_category%3Ablank-cd-dvd-blu-ray-discs_13279%2Cfct_media-type_684%3Advdplusr

This is looking increasingly difficult.  I know in the Ubuntu context we gave up on sticking to the CD-ROM disc image size several years ago and we’re on track to go past DVD single-layer size for a live installer disc yet.  All the downloadable disc images there are already ISO/Hybrid images so they can be both burned to disc and written to pen drive now.

Stephen Michael Kellat
Ashtabula, Ohio