[texdoc] texdoc aliases

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Thu Feb 22 09:36:56 CET 2024

On 22/02/2024 08:16, Takuto Asakura wrote:
> I am a bit unsure about the xparse -> usrguide alias, on the other hand. It might be simpler to keep texdoc xparse open xparse.pdf. how about putting a note like "For many users, usrguide is also useful" at the beginning of xparse.pdf? But whatever, I respect your and the LaTeX team's preference.

I have added something to the top of xparse.pdf for the next release.
However, the name "xparse" is very long-standing, so the fact the >80%
of it is now in the kernel as ltcmd doesn't help much in terms of
discoverability.

I do see there are counter-arguments, so lets see what others feel on this.

Regards,

Joseph