[texdoc] texdoc aliases

Takuto Asakura tkt.asakura at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 09:16:44 CET 2024

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your suggestions.

> - "texdoc l3" - currently opens l3doc, probably better opening interface3 or (perhaps ) expl3
>
> - "texdoc expl3" - opens expl3 but most people probably want interface3

I already have these for my personal config file for a couple of years.
Now, expl3 has become part of the kernel and is attracting more user attention, so we can easily justify moving these to the standard config.

I am a bit unsure about the xparse -> usrguide alias, on the other hand. It might be simpler to keep texdoc xparse open xparse.pdf. how about putting a note like "For many users, usrguide is also useful" at the beginning of xparse.pdf? But whatever, I respect your and the LaTeX team's preference.

Best,
Takuto