[texdoc] Bug report

Tiago Ribeiro tiago.pribeiro at outlook.pt
Tue Apr 6 16:29:21 CEST 2021

Hi all,

After Norbert's response on GitHub I tested it on a fresh Debian installation (with that sequence of commands) and the same thing happened. After that I sent the email to report the bug.
Other information that may be relevant:

  *   In Debian (and probably on Ubuntu), after the problem is solved by installing the texlive-extra-utils package, I can then uninstall this package and Texdoc continues to work.
  *   (This is very strange) If I install the texlive-latex-extra and texlive-latex-extra-doc packages with a single command (sudo apt-get install texlive-latex-extra texlive-latex-extra-doc) the texdoc works correctly without the texlive- extra-utils.

Attached is the output of the command texdoc -D titling (when it doesn't work).

Thanks for your attention,
Tiago Ribeiro