[texdoc] Default documentation for `yathesis`

Denis Bitouzé denis.bitouze at univ-littoral.fr
Wed Mar 25 10:16:29 CET 2020

Le 25/03/20 à 17h31, Takuto ASAKURA a écrit :

> Hi again,

Hi Takuto,

> In my case, the score for the yathesis-fr.pdf looks:
>
> 	texdoc debug-score: (ed69358) Start scoring
> /usr/local/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/doc/latex/yathesis/french/documentation/yathesis-fr.pdf
> 	texdoc debug-score: (ed69358) Name used: latex/yathesis/french/documentation/yathesis-fr.pdf
> 	texdoc debug-score: (ed69358) Start heuristic scoring with pattern: yathesis
> 	texdoc debug-score: (ed69358) New heuristic score: 1.0. Reason: subword match
> 	texdoc debug-score: (ed69358) New heuristic score: 2.5. Reason: directory bonus
> 	texdoc debug-score: (ed69358) Final heuristic score: 2.5
> 	texdoc debug-score: (ed69358) Max pattern score: 2.5
> 	texdoc debug-score: (ed69358) Catalogue details bonus: +1.5
> 	texdoc debug-score: (ed69358) Final score: 4.0

Weird.

> So the difference is the "Catalogue details bonus" part. It seems you
> don't have the (latest) texlive.tlpdb in your TeX Live. Which TeX Live
> distribution are you using?

I'm using the latest updated TL 2019:

  ┌────
  │ $ tlmgr update --self --all
  │ TeX Live 2019 is frozen forever and will no
  │ longer be updated.  This happens in preparation for a new release.
  │ [...]
  └────

> Anyway, Texdoc can find the fine result with the latest tlpdb.

How to check the texlive.tlpdb in my TL is the latest one?

> At the time being, you can fix this by adding a line
>
> 	alias yathesis = yathesis-fr

OK, thanks. In fact, my request is more for users other than me (I'm
the `yathesis`'s author :)

> to your texdoc.cnf (you can see where to put the configuration file by
> executing `texdoc -f`).

  ┌────
  │ $ texdoc -f                                                                                                                                                                                                1 ↵
  │ /usr/local/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/scripts/texdoc/texdoclib.tlu 3.2.1
  │ Configuration file(s):
  │     active      /home/bitouze/texmf/texdoc/texdoc.cnf
  │     disabled    /usr/local/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/texdoc/texdoc.cnf
  │ Recommended file(s) for personal settings:
  │     /home/bitouze/texmf/texdoc/texdoc.cnf
  └────

By any chance, here is the content of
/home/bitouze/texmf/texdoc/texdoc.cnf:

  ┌────
  │ # texdoc.cnf
  │ #
  │ # DO NOT edit this file!
  │ #
  │ # For your personal settings, run 'texdoc -f' and use the file indicated by a
  │ # star; you may need to create it.  DO NOT copy the present file, please
  │ # create a new one (you may want to copy/paste/edit portions of the present
  │ # file however, or just read it for inspiration).
  │ #
  │ # For system-wide configuration or other uses, you may want to use the other
  │ # files listed, see the manual (texdoc texdoc) for details. The files are read
  │ # in the order they are printed. If a value is set multiple times, first wins.
  │ #
  │ # In those files, you can set your preferred viewer for various formats,
  │ # some nice names (alias) for specific documentation, and your preferred default
  │ # values of texdoc's configuration settings.
  │ #
  │ # Everything after a # on a line is ignored.
  │ # Spaces at the beginning/end of a line, as well as empty lines, are ignored.
  │ #
  │ # For more details, see the texdoc manual (try `texdoc texdoc').
  │
  │ ^L
  │ # General settings
  │ # ================
  │
  │ ## Viewers
  │
  │ # Defaults depend on what is available on your system, as well as your desktop
  │ # environment. Here are a few examples.
  │ #
  │ # %s is optional and stands for the filename.
  │ #
  │ # viewer_pdf = xpdf             # works
  │ viewer_pdf = (evince %s) &        # works even better
  │
  │ # If you want to enable support for zipped documentation (see below),
  │ # you may want to adapt viewer_* so that it starts a subshell:
  │ #
  │ # viewer_pdf = (xpdf %s) &
  │ #
  │ # Otherwise, the & will have no effect since the viewing command is followed by
  │ # some cleanup-commands for temporary files. For the same reason, %s must be the
  │ # last thing on your command line: (xpdf %s -option) will not work.
  │ #
  │ # WARNING: for zip support your viewer needs to be blocking, i.e. it must not
  │ # return immediately: otherwise the temporary file will be deleted too early.
  │
  │ ## Zipped documentation support
  │
  │ # WARNING: support for zipped documents works only on Unix. Make sure that the
  │ # values of the associated options are adapted to your system.  Read the above
  │ # warning concerning viewers.
  │
  │ # Built-in defaults (for reference):
  │ #
  │ # zipext_list   =       # (empty list)
  │ # rm_file       = rm -f
  │ # rm_dir        = rmdir
  │ #
  │ # For each "ext" in zipext_list, you must define a "unzip_ext" unzipper.
  │ # The unzipped data must be printed on stdout. Example:
  │ #
  │ # zipext_list = gz
  │ # unzip_gz    = gzip -d -c
  │
  │ ## User interaction
  │
  │ # Built-in defaults (for reference):
  │ #
  │ # mode             = view
  │ #
  │ # interact_switch  = true
  │ # machine_switch   = false
  │ #
  │ # verbosity_level  = 2  # Print: 0: nothing, 1: errors, 2: warnings, 3: infos
  │ # debug_list       =    # the empty list
  │
  │ mode=showall
  │
  │ ## Documentation searching
  │
  │ # Built-in defaults (for reference):
  │ #
  │ # ext_list    = pdf, htm, html, txt, ps, dvi,  # Note: empty string at end
  │ # badext_list = txt,                           # Note: empty string at end
  │ # basename_list    = readme, 00readme
  │ # badbasename_list = readme, 00readme
  │
  │ # Known suffixes for documentation
  │ suffix_list = doc, -doc, _doc, .doc, /doc, manual, /manual, -manual, userguide, /user_guide, -guide, -user, -man, notes, -info, ref
  │
  │ ^L
  │ # Score adjustments
  │ # =================
  │
  │ # Results are sorted by score (decreasing).
  │ # Only results with positive scores are displayed (unless mode is 'showall').
  │ # Results with score <= -100 are never displayed.
  │ #
  │ # The score of results containing a given pattern can be adjusted using the
  │ # 'adjscore' directive, either globally or only for specific queries.  It is
  │ # also possible to set the score directly in alias directives, see the next
  │ # section.
  │ #
  │ # As a general rule, use 'adjscore' if you only want to adjust the score of
  │ # particular results, and 'alias' if you want to add new results (possibly
  │ # adjusting their score) for a particular query.
  │ #
  │ # To override one of the settings below, use the 'noadjscore' directive in
  │ # your personal configuration file, see the manual for details.
  │
  │ ## General adjustments
  │
  │ # Makefile are never documentation, just as documents in src or source subdir
  │ # -1000 should be enough to kill them
  │ adjscore /Makefile = -1000
  │ adjscore /src/     = -1000
  │ adjscore /source/  = -1000
  │
  │ # licence files aren't very likely to contain relevant documentation, but it
  │ # feels wrong to totally kill them
  │ adjscore copying = -10
  │ adjscore license = -10
  │ adjscore gpl     = -10
  │
  │ # tex-virtual-academy provides a lot of spurious matches
  │ adjscore /tex-virtual-academy-pl/ = -50
  │
  │ # test and example files are not likely the best documentation
  │ adjscore example   = -1
  │ adjscore examples  = -1
  │ adjscore sample    = -1
  │ adjscore samples   = -1
  │ adjscore test      = -3
  │ adjscore tests     = -3
  │ adjscore /demo/    = -1
  │ adjscore /demos/   = -1
  │ adjscore /figures/ = -3
  │ adjscore /images/  = -3
  │
  │ # readme's usually get a negative score because they have a bad extension,
  │ # but they're still slightly better than other results with negative scores
  │ adjscore readme = 0.1
  │
  │ # uncomment this to make the man pages have a greater priority
  │ #adjscore .man1. = 5
  │ #adjscore .man5. = 5
  │
  │ ## Specific adjustments
  │
  │ # 'texdoc' may look like "tex's documentation" but it isn't
  │ # similar problem with 'tex-*'
  │ adjscore(tex) texdoc   = -10
  │ adjscore(tex) tex-gyre = -10
  │ adjscore(tex) tex-ps   = -10
  │
  │ # avoid too many results to be shown for 'latex'
  │ # package names
  │ adjscore(latex) cjw-latex                  = -10
  │ adjscore(latex) cweb-latex                 = -10
  │ adjscore(latex) duerer-latex               = -10
  │ adjscore(latex) guide-to-latex             = -10 # only useful with the book
  │ adjscore(latex) latex-web-companion        = -10
  │ adjscore(latex) ocr-latex                  = -10
  │ adjscore(latex) tufte-latex                = -10
  │ # file names
  │ adjscore(latex) Content_LaTeX_Package_Demo = -10
  │ adjscore(latex) example_latex              = -10
  │ adjscore(latex) test_latex                 = -10
  │
  │ # beamer
  │ adjscore(beamer) beamer-tut-pt/tutorialbeamer = +10
  │ adjscore(beamer) beamer-FUBerlin              = -3
  │ adjscore(beamer) beamer-tut-pt                = -10
  │ adjscore(beamer) presentations                = -10
  │
  │ # misc
  │ adjscore(context) circuitikz   = -10
  │ adjscore(context) /gnuplot/    = -3
  │ adjscore(context) context.man1 = +2
  │ adjscore(symbols) /staves/     = -5
  │
  │ # catalogue info missing in the tlcontrib version of the package :-(
  │ adjscore(pgf) pgfmanual.pdf = +5
  │
  │ # another catalogue info missing case
  │ adjscore(hyph-utf8) hyphenation.pdf = +5
  │
  │ # let's not have context version found first
  │ adjscore(fixme) /third/  = -6
  │
  │ # prioritize newer document
  │ # adjscore(babel-german) ngermanb.pdf = +5
  │
  │ # prioritize man page
  │ adjscore(findhyph) findhyph.man1 = +5
  │
  │ ^L
  │ # Aliases
  │ # =======
  │
  │ # Aliases allow to add results for a specific query, by making texdoc search
  │ # for additional keywords in the file name. Matches for the new keyword get a
  │ # very high score by default, but this can be adjusted.
  │ #
  │ # To override one of the settings below, use the 'noalias' directive in
  │ # your personal configuration file, see the manual for details.
  │
  │ ## Essential documentation
  │
  │ alias live     = texlive-fr
  │ alias texlive  = texlive-fr
  │ alias tex-live = texlive-fr
  │
  │ ## various stuff
  │
  │ # a few useful general documents
  │ alias faq-en = newfaq
  │ alias faq    = newfaq
  │ alias latex  = latex-doc-ptr
  │
  │ # various lshort translations
  │ adjscore(lshort) /lshort-english/ = +0.5                   # original
  │ alias lshort-de                   = l2kurz                 # german
  │ alias lshort-pl                   = lshort-polish/lshort2e # polish
  │ alias lshort-pt                   = pt-lshort              # portuguese
  │ alias lshort-sk                   = slshorte               # slovak
  │ alias lshort-es                   = lshort-spanish/lshort-a4 # spanish
  │
  │ # *TeX engines reference manuals, man pages and related
  │ alias e-tex-ref  = etex_man
  │ alias etex-ref   = etex_man
  │ alias pdftex-ref = pdftex-a
  │ #alias xetex-ref  = xetex-reference # OK
  │ alias xelatex    = xetex-reference
  │ alias luatex-ref = luatexref-t
  │
  │ # by default, <engine> = <engine>-ref (duplicated: no alias cascading)
  │ alias e-tex      = etex_man
  │ alias etex       = etex_man
  │ alias pdftex     = pdftex-a
  │ #alias xetex      = xetex-reference # OK
  │ alias xelatex    = xetex-reference
  │ alias luatex     = luatexref-t
  │
  │ alias e-tex-man  = etex.man1
  │ alias etex-man   = etex.man1
  │ alias pdftex-man = pdftex.man1
  │ #alias xetex-man = xetex.man1 # missing
  │ alias luatex-man = luatex.man1
  │
  │ alias luatex-pkg = oberdiek/luatex.pdf
  │
  │ # latex/basic classes
  │ alias article   = classes
  │ alias book      = classes
  │ alias report    = classes
  │ #alias ltxguide  = ? # missing
  │ #alias minimal   = ? # missing
  │ adjscore(minimal) europecv = -1000 # false positive
  │
  │ # latex/basic packages, sorted by dtx
  │ alias doc          = base/doc
  │ alias shortvrb     = base/doc
  │ alias letter       = base/letter
  │ alias slides       = base/slides
  │ alias(20) fontenc  = encguide
  │ alias(20) textcomp = encguide
  │ alias fix-cm       = fixltx2e
  │ alias bezier       = latex209
  │ alias fleqn        = latex209
  │ alias leqno        = latex209
  │ alias openbib      = latex209
  │ alias t1enc        = latex209
  │ alias makeidx      = makeindx
  │ alias showidx      = makeindx
  │ alias flafter      = source2e
  │ alias fontenc      = source2e
  │ alias textcomp     = source2e
  │ alias tracefnt     = source2e
  │ # TODO: try to avoid the huge amount of false positives for `doc' itself.
  │
  │ # latex's required graphics bundle
  │ alias color-dev    = color
  │ alias epsfig-dev   = epsfig
  │ alias graphics-dev = graphics
  │ alias graphicx-dev = graphicx
  │ alias color        = grfguide
  │ alias epsfig       = grfguide
  │ alias graphics     = grfguide
  │ alias graphicx     = grfguide
  │
  │ # latex's required psnfss2e bundle
  │ #alias avant     = psnfss2e
  │ #alias bookman   = psnfss2e
  │ #alias chancery  = psnfss2e
  │ alias charter   = psnfss2e
  │ alias courier   = psnfss2e
  │ #alias helvet    = psnfss2e
  │ alias mathpazo  = psnfss2e
  │ #alias mathpple  = psnfss2e
  │ #alias mathptm   = psnfss2e
  │ #alias mathptmx  = psnfss2e
  │ #alias newcent   = psnfss2e
  │ #alias palatino  = psnfss2e
  │ #alias times     = psnfss2e
  │ alias utopia    = psnfss2e
  │
  │ # ams
  │ alias amsfonts    = amsfndoc
  │ alias amslatex2   = technote
  │ alias amsmath     = amsldoc
  │ alias amsrefs     = amsrdoc
  │ alias amsthm      = amsthdoc
  │ alias amsart      = instr-l
  │ alias amsbook     = instr-l
  │ alias amscls      = instr-l
  │ alias amsproc     = instr-l
  │ alias amsart-dev  = amsclass
  │ alias amsbook-dev = amsclass
  │ alias amscls-dev  = amsclass
  │ alias amsproc-dev = amsclass
  │ alias amsmath-dev = amsmath
  │
  │ # koma-script
  │ alias koma           = scrguien
  │ alias koma-script    = scrguien
  │ alias scrartcl       = scrguien
  │ alias scrbook        = scrguien
  │ alias scrreprt       = scrguien
  │ alias typearea       = scrguien
  │ alias koma-de        = scrguide
  │ alias koma-script-de = scrguide
  │ alias scrartcl-de    = scrguide
  │ alias scrbook-de     = scrguide
  │ alias scrreprt-de    = scrguide
  │ alias typearea-de    = scrguide
  │
  │ # tugboat package and classes
  │ alias tugboat = ltubguid
  │
  │ # caption
  │ alias caption     = caption-eng
  │ alias caption-dev = caption.pdf
  │
  │ # metapost by various names
  │ alias    metapost = mpman
  │ alias(5) metapost = mpgraph
  │ alias(5) metapost = mpintro
  │ alias    mpost    = mpman
  │ alias(5) mpost    = mpgraph
  │ alias(5) mpost    = mpintro
  │ alias    mp       = mpman
  │ alias(5) mp       = mpgraph
  │ alias(5) mp       = mpintro
  │
  │ # latex3 and friends
  │ alias latex3        = ltx3info
  │ alias l3bootstrap   = interface3
  │ alias l3names       = interface3
  │ alias l3basics      = interface3
  │ alias l3expan       = interface3
  │ alias l3prg         = interface3
  │ alias l3quark       = interface3
  │ alias l3token       = interface3
  │ alias l3int         = interface3
  │ alias l3skip        = interface3
  │ alias l3tl          = interface3
  │ alias l3seq         = interface3
  │ alias l3clist       = interface3
  │ alias l3prop        = interface3
  │ alias l3box         = interface3
  │ alias l3coffins     = interface3
  │ alias l3color       = interface3
  │ alias l3msg         = interface3
  │ alias l3keys        = interface3
  │ alias l3file        = interface3
  │ alias l3fp          = interface3
  │ alias l3luatex      = interface3
  │
  │ # misc
  │ alias autofe          = ucs
  │ alias afoot           = arabtex-doc
  │ alias arabicfont      = bezos
  │ alias bibtex          = btxdoc
  │ alias changes         = changes.english.pdf
  │ alias(5) cmsuper      = cm-super/FAQ
  │ alias cm-super        = cm-super/README
  │ alias cmsuper         = cm-super/README
  │ alias cyrillic        = cyrillic/00readme.txt
  │ alias elsarticle      = elsdoc
  │ alias(0.1) fontinst   = fontinstallationguide
  │ alias hyperref        = hyperref/manual.pdf
  │ alias hyperref-dev    = hyperref.pdf
  │ alias iso             = isoman
  │ alias lettrine        = lettrine # to hide context/third/lettrine-doc.pdf
  │ alias nonfloat-de     = nonfloat
  │ alias nonfloat        = nonfloat-en
  │ alias xstring-fr      = xstring_doc_fr
  │ alias arabic          = arabi/user_guide
  │ alias 3parttable      = threeparttable
  │ alias croatian        = babel
  │ alias mls             = montex
  │ alias vrbexin         = verbasef
  │ alias dtk             = dtk/doc/beispiel.pdf
  │ alias musixtex        = musixdoc
  │ alias mychemistry     = mychemistry_en
  │ alias mychemistry-de  = mychemistry_de
  │ alias cjk             = CJK.txt # FIXME: should be case insensitive
  │ alias ieee            = IEEEtran_HOWTO
  │ alias layouts         = layman
  │ alias plnfss          = plnfss.txt # XXX
  │ alias teubner         = teubner-doc
  │ alias xypic           = xyguide
  │ alias kvoptions-patch = kvoptions # XXX?
  │ alias cweb            = cwebman # XXX: is in 'cweb' dir, should win
  │ alias einfuehrung     = einfuehrung/README # tl should get "readme" tag
  │
  │ ## a few easy patterns
  │
  │ # egrep 'manual\.pdf\>'
  │ alias tree-dvips = tree-manual
  │
  │ # egrep 'user\.pdf\>'
  │ alias cweb-latex = cweb-user
  │
  │ # egrep 'doc\.pdf\>'
  │ alias barcode     = eandoc.pdf
  │ alias enctex-cz   = encdoc
  │ alias ngerman     = gerdoc
  │ alias jurabib-de  = jbgerdoc
  │ alias ofs-cz      = ofsdoc
  │ alias ofs         = ofsdoc-e
  │ alias pst-geo     = pst-map3d-doc
  │
  │ ## aliases basically borrowed from texdoctk.dat with some adaptations
  │
  │ alias akletter      = akletter/lettereng
  │ alias arydshln      = arydshln-man
  │ alias cv            = curve/curve
  │ alias datenumber-de = datenumber/docgerman
  │ alias labels(1)     = envlab/elguide
  │ alias expressg      = expeg
  │ alias flcards       = flashcards
  │ alias lehman        = fontinstallationguide
  │ alias gnlogic       = gn-logic14
  │ alias kluwer        = kluwer/usrman
  │ alias lmfonts       = lm-info
  │ alias mathenv       = mdwtab
  │ alias montex        = mlsquick
  │ alias mltex         = mltex/mltex.txt
  │ alias natbib2       = natnotes
  │ alias uktugfaq      = newfaq
  │ alias onrannual     = onrannual/README
  │ alias otibet        = otibet/unidoc
  │ alias pbdiagram     = pb-manual
  │ alias tikz          = pgfmanual
  │ alias apmgraph      = pmgraph
  │ alias preprint      = preprint/00readme.txt
  │ alias dutch         = rapdoc
  │ alias startex       = startex/base/guide
  │ alias tangles       = t-angles/t-manual
  │ alias tex4ht        = tex4ht/mn.html
  │ alias(60) akademia  = tex-virtual-academy-pl/index.html
  │ alias treetex       = tree_doc
  │ alias lineno        = ulineno
  │ alias texguide      = usrguide
  │ alias(5) xypic      = xyrefer
  │
  │ ## packages from ctan/macros/latex/contrib/misc or with doc in .sty only
  │
  │ # the score used is 4.1 because:
  │ # - it is less than 4.5, the default score of foobar/foobar.pdf for name foobar
  │ # - it is greater than the worse false positive here (.../VERSION for version)
  │ #
  │ # Anyway, this is a hopefully a temporary measure, since work is going on to
  │ # produce suitable documentation for all these packages (thanks to Philipp
  │ # Stephani and Robin Fairbairns mostly).
  │
  │ alias(4.1) 3parttable    = 3parttable.sty
  │ alias(4.1) bibcheck      = bibcheck.sty
  │ alias(4.1) concrete      = concrete.sty
  │ alias(4.1) linsys        = linsys.sty
  │ alias(4.1) mitpress      = mitpress.sty
  │ alias(4.1) nextpage      = nextpage.sty
  │ alias(4.1) setspace      = setspace.sty
  │ alias(4.1) statex        = statex.sty
  │ alias(4.1) statex2       = statex2.sty
  │ alias(4.1) texilikecover = texilikecover.sty
  │ alias(4.1) thrmappendix  = thrmappendix.sty
  │ alias(4.1) topcapt       = topcapt.sty
  │ alias(4.1) vrbexin       = vrbexin.sty
  │
  │ ^L
  │ # Final hack
  │ #
  │ # The next line has no effect when this file is installed as the last
  │ # configuration file (default) but is useful when you install it as the "tricky"
  │ # configuration file (usually TEXMFHOME/texdoc/texdoc-dist.cnf) whose mere
  │ # existence is a hack to make it easier to run the the development version, see
  │ # <http://tug.org/texdoc/dev/>.
  │ #
  │ # It is strongly recommended NOT to use it in any other circumstance.
  │ lastfile_switch = true
  └────

All the best.
--