[tex4ht] [bug #639] ltugboat.cls is incompatible with tex4ht

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat Oct 12 23:21:56 CEST 2024

cmd-hooks are sometimes a bit fragile. They can break if a command has
been built under an unusual catcode regime.

tex4ht redefines \@sect to

\xdef \c:secnumdepth {#2}\:Sc 3 \no at sect
{#1}{#2}{#3}{#4}{#5}{#6}[#7]{\:Sc 4#8\:Sc 2}\HtmlEnv .

and the hooks do not like that. That seems not to be new. I get an error
also with texlive 2023.

You could perhaps now move the code from the hook into the command
directly now.

It looks as if that was meant to be tempory anyway.

Ulrike