[tex4ht] tex4ht do not change title font size like PDF does.

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Wed Sep 25 00:59:40 CEST 2024

When compiling this MWE

----------------------
\documentclass[12pt]{book}%
\begin{document}

\title{{\tiny A Solution Manual}}
\author{me}
\date{{\small \today}}
\maketitle

text

\end{document}
--------------------

Using

make4ht -ulm default -a debug A.tex "mathjax,htm"

The title font size do not change in HTML.  But it does
when compiled to PDF.

It seems because tex4ht uses <h2> for this header

<h2 class='titleHead'>A Solution Manual</h2>

And h2 size is fixed in html to 1.5em

But I think tex4ht should modify it if user asks to
change it as in this example.

One might want to change title size for different web pages
and it is not practical to use make separate CSS style for
each page that matches the font size they happened
to use in Latex each time. This I think should be done
automatically by the software. Right?

Thanks