[tex4ht] How to make tex4ht insert <BR> without adding <P> also?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Mon Sep 23 11:44:32 CEST 2024

On 9/23/2024 4:34 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2024 at 10:34 AM Nasser M. Abbasi <nma at 12000.org> wrote:
>
>> On 9/23/2024 2:43 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
>>
>> In PDF, they are come out same space. Not too large and
>> not too small. In html one has to keep doing lots of tweeking
>> to make the web page look as nice as in PDF.
>>

> You can set negative space to .sectionTOCS:
>
> \Css{.sectionTOCS{margin-bottom:1rem;margin-top:-1rem;}}
> Best,
> Michal

Thanks Michal but I already did the following and got
the desired effect, unless you think setting negative top
margin as you showed would be better:

\Css{.chapterHead{margin-bottom:1rem;}}
\Css{.sectionHead{margin-bottom:1rem;}}
\Css{.subsectionHead{margin-bottom:1rem;}}

This reduced the large space below the title. I do not
like too much wasted vertical space on the web page.

I still need to test these on large build, which takes
days to finish as tex4ht is slow :( but on small file,
it worked well.

Regards,