[tex4ht] Advice on where to start?

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 18:22:57 CEST 2022

Jim,

> > [ERROR]   htlatex: ?    28       TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input
> stack size=10000].
> > [FATAL]   make4ht-lib: Fatal error. Command htlatex returned exit code 1
>
> > So it is possible that there are also some other  issues.
>
> Gee, I'd be astonished if there were not.  :-)  It is a lot of lines of code, written without paying any attention to the needs of htlatex.  I'll try the debug and see what headway I can make.

As the fatal error happens already at line 28, which I suspect will be
\begin{document}, it will most likely be caused by some package. I
would make a copy of the document preamble, comment out all packages,
add just some dummy text to the document body, and try to enable
packages until you get the error message.