[tex4ht] Can make4ht locate .cfg files from same path used for TEXINPUTS? or some other PATH?

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 16:42:57 CEST 2021

>Sounds like a good idea will do that now.
>
>Does the above also work if I put the .mk4 files there also?
>Currently I copy it to $HOME.

Yes, but it looks in scripts tree, so something like:

$HOME/texmf/scripts/lua/mybuild/filename.mk4

>Btw, does one still needs to use .mk4 file in latest versions of make4ht?

You need it only when you want to change default settings, add a
cimpilation step, like BibTeX, etc. It is not needed in general.

>This is the one I have now, I think I got it from you years ago:
>
>------------  new.mk4 -----------------
>filter_settings "dvisvgm_hashes" {
>  options = "-n --exact -c 1.2,1.2"
>}
>if mode == "draft" then
>  Make:htlatex {}
>else
>  Make:htlatex {}
>  Make:htlatex {}
>  Make:htlatex {}
>  Make:htlatex {}
>end
>-----------------------------
>
>And I use it as follows
>
>         make4ht .....  -e  $HOME/new.mk4 ....

I think you don't need it. First of all, it compiles your TeX file four
times, instead of default three times, so it is slower. And as you don't
use SVG math anymore, you don't really need to configure
`dvisvgm_hashes` extension.

>So the questions I have are
>1) is the above .mk4 still needed? What difference if I do not use it?
>btw, I do not use svg now for math, I only use mathjax.
>2) if I put in $HOME/texmf/tex/latex/mycfgfolder/new.mk4
>Will make4ht finds it like it will for the .cfg files?

I hope I answered your questions :)

Best,