[tex4ht] Can make4ht locate .cfg files from same path used for TEXINPUTS? or some other PATH?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sun Jun 13 15:55:36 CEST 2021

On 6/13/2021 8:14 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:

>> I looked at docs for make4ht but did not see any type of path
>> to use for this.
>>
>> https://ctan.math.washington.edu/tex-archive/support/make4ht/make4ht-doc.pdf
>>

> make4ht uses the kpse library to locate a .cfg file. You can put it in
> your TEXMF dir, for example:
>
> $HOME/texmf/tex/latex/mycfgfolder/helloworld.cfg
>
> Best regards,
> Michal

Thanks Michal;

Sounds like a good idea will do that now.

Does the above also work if I put the .mk4 files there also?
Currently I copy it to $HOME.

Btw, does one still needs to use .mk4 file in latest versions of make4ht?

This is the one I have now, I think I got it from you years ago:

------------  new.mk4 -----------------
filter_settings "dvisvgm_hashes" {
   options = "-n --exact -c 1.2,1.2"
}
if mode == "draft" then
   Make:htlatex {}
else
   Make:htlatex {}
   Make:htlatex {}
   Make:htlatex {}
   Make:htlatex {}
end
-----------------------------

And I use it as follows

          make4ht .....  -e  $HOME/new.mk4 ....

Btw, I just noticed, if I do not have it on the path, my Latex still compiles
to HTML OK and make4ht does not complain it can't find the mk4 files.

So the questions I have are
1) is the above .mk4 still needed? What difference if I do not use it?
btw, I do not use svg now for math, I only use mathjax.
2) if I put in $HOME/texmf/tex/latex/mycfgfolder/new.mk4
Will make4ht finds it like it will for the .cfg files?

Thank you,