[tex4ht] exerquiz problems

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 22:02:59 CET 2021

Dear Tomáš,

>I suspected that the problem is  due to exerquiz package.
>Unfortunately yes, the problem can be removed by commenting out _all_
>exerquiz stuff, then all error messages disappear.
>
>I am afraid that exerquiz.4ht filter is old (as Michal already pointed
>out) and needs to be updated. I have no idea how difficult it is,
>please can someone have a look?
>
>Attached is a tarball containing the LaTeX source file used for these
>tests, the configuration file and all files required by the exerquiz
>package.

Thanks for the sample file. It seems that the TeX4ht support file for
exerquiz is really old (it says 1999 in the literate sources!) and it
patches commands that are no longer part of this package.

I've found that it is better to remove all redefinitions from this file.
After that, there is only one problematic command. This command outputs
some postscript code at each chapter. It isn't really useful with
Tex4ht, so we can redefine it to do nothing. I can compile your file
without errors after this change.

I am not sure if the output looks good, especially the stuff that uses
exerquiz macros. I will try to look into this in the future. I am busy
with some work stuff at the moment unfortunately :/