[tex4ht] tex4ht options, figure placement and exerquiz

Tomas Davidek Tomas.Davidek at cern.ch
Mon Jan 11 18:38:51 CET 2021

On 1/10/21 11:18 PM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> Hi Tomáš,
>
>> 1. I wanted to experiment with various tex4ht options. I only found
>> those listed in http://cvr.cc/?p=504. This list seems pretty old, can
>> you point me to more up-to-date list of options, ideally more
>> descriptive? For instance, I am looking for an option splitting the
>> document into individual pages according to sections, so I tried e.g.
>> make4ht -c split.cfg -u filename.tex "1", but no change wrt the
>> default behaviour.
>
> The updated version is here:
> https://www.kodymirus.cz/tex4ht-doc/texfourhtOptions.html
>
> It contains some new options, but I think the descriptions for the old
> ones are mostly the same.
> Regarding spliting into indivitual pages, you should try "2" or "3"
> options instead. Option 1 splits pages only on \part commands, "2" on
> \chapter, "3" on \section etc.
Thanks Michal, this approached I already tried, but running make4ht on
my rather complex document crashes when I specify "2" or more. I tried a
simple testing case with few lines and few sections and that works
perfectly as expected. So, I guess I need to run more test to narrow
down the problematic part(s).

>> 2. a detail regarding the figure placement. The LaTeX code
>>
>> \begin{figure}
>>   \centering
>> \includegraphics[width=0.49\linewidth]{figures/kinematika/k0long_lips.eps}
>>
>> \includegraphics[width=0.49\linewidth]{figures/kinematika/dplus_lips.eps}
>>
>>   \caption{The figure caption....}
>>   \label{fig:invariant_mass_distrib_example}
>> \end{figure}
>>
>> normally results in two plots side-by-side, but in HTML the pictures
>> are organized one on top of the other. Is there a way to restore the
>> original behaviour?
>>

> You can try this configuration file:
>
> \Preamble{xhtml}
> \Css{figure.figure img { display: inline; }}
> \begin{document}
> \EndPreamble
>
> The important is the \Css command.

Great, this works out-of-the-box.

Regarding exerquiz, I think we should move it another thread, there seem
to be more problems. I will initiate a new thread.

Cheers,

                Tomas