[tex4ht] [bug #488] \over does not give the same result as equivalent \frac

William F Hammond gellmu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 23:02:24 CET 2020

Patrice, Karl, and all:

LaTeX math and plain TeX math are different.  I'm inclined to think that
there is a clear language standard for MathJax although I do not know if
there is full documentation for it.  All I know is that when I cross the
line MathJax catches it.

I think that the MathJax standard makes sense for Texinfo if one is to
continue to allow "TeX math" in Texinfo's @math.  But that is hybrid
markup, and, moreover, it breaks the syntactic rigor of Texinfo, which is a
shame.  Before one would want to think seriously about clean math for
Texinfo, one would want to know if Texinfo has full support for UTF-8.  If
so, then one would not need to spend time on things like \alpha.

Is there experience processing Texinfo documents with xetex?

       -- Bill