[tex4ht] tex4ht fails on \kill in tabbing enviroment

Rainer Schöpf rainer.schoepf at gmx.net
Wed Jun 3 13:28:20 CEST 2020

Hi Michal,

thnaks for your answer.

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 22:30 +0200, Michal Hoftich wrote:

 > Hi Raimer,
 >
 > > tex4ht from TeXLive 2020 fails when a \kill command is used in a LaTeX tabbing
 > > environment. I append an example and the corresponding log file from running
 >
 > I am sure we haven't touched the tabbing definitions in TeX4ht in the
 > last few years. The issue was probably caused by a change in the LaTeX
 > core. I hope that I've fixed the issue in TeX4ht sources, so it should
 > be fixed by the future TL updates.

I compared the definitions for the tabbing environment in the LaTeX core between
an older installation and the current one: \kill is now a robust command.
Maybe that's the reason why it stopped working with tex4ht.

 > In the meantime, you can use the `pic-tabbing` option. It converts the
 > whole tabbing environment to picture. It seems that it is not affected
 > by the error:

Yes, using the "pic-tabbing" option works. Thanks for pointing this out.

 Best regards,
   Rainer