[tex4ht] [bug #466] tex4ht produces wrong table when adding td { padding: 10px; }

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sat May 16 11:51:43 CEST 2020

On 5/16/2020 4:37 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> Follow-up Comment #1, bug #466 (project tex4ht):
>
> Hi Nasser,
>
> I don't see the problem you describe. The issue I can see is that only top and
> bottom padding is increased. The left and right padding stays the same. The
> CSS file contains more specific padding specifications for these paddings, so
> your CSS declaration is not used in this case.
>
> Try the following CSS:
>
> td.td00, td.td01, td.td11, td.td10 { padding: 10px; }
>
> It should override the TeX4ht defaults.
>
> Best,
> Michal

Hello Michal;

PLease find screen shot and all the files (html and latex and pdf)
generated in this folder

https://www.12000.org/tmp/051620/

The left and middle vertical lines go down much more than the table.
It is supposed to be one row only. It looks like 2 rows now
but incomplete.

I thought one only needed to add

     td { padding: 10px; }

to get extra padding in a cell. Based on what I read here

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/339923/set-cellpadding-and-cellspacing-in-css

And that is what I did. Do you get the same HTML output as the above?
if not, then something is different on my end.

Compiled with

make4ht -ulm default foo3.tex "htm"

using TL 2020, Linux under windows 10.

Thanks