[tex4ht] usage with pdftex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jul 31 02:07:52 CEST 2010

      Starting with version 1.40, pdfTeX incorporates the e-TeX extensions, so
    in this installation eTeX is just a symbolic link to pdfTeX.

Yes, I know.  That's why I suggested it.  Never mind.

    command \pdfadjustspacing=2. There are several \pdf<something> commands in

Ah.  Ok, that was what I was wondering.

    is subsequently going to be converted to EPUB; I don't really want
    the HTML at all,

Oh.  I don't know anything about EPUB generation options, but maybe CVR
or others here do.  It's certainly been talked about at conferences and
such, but I don't have a working software package to point you at off
the top (or even bottom) of my head.

    Maybe I need to keep two versions of the file:

In that scenario, if the PDF constructs aren't too complicated, you
could probably define them away to be no-ops when making HTML, so you
still only have one real source.

    I can strip it down to its basics and do that if you still think it
    would be useful. I'm happy to do it.

I'm not sure if tex4ht works with pdf at all, it may be impossible.  But
a real file could only help.

Maybe CVR (in India) will have time to weigh in when the timezones get
around to him tomorrow ...

karl