font installation

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 12:53:00 CEST 2024

Hi,

in many Linux distros fc-cache is not needed after font installation and
can even cause problems because a font visible to one user is not visible
to others. It depends whether fc-cache is invoked by a root or by a normal
user. Nowadays fc-cache is called automatically as root every 5 minutes or
so. If you install a font, just wait a few minutes. I have recently
installed 50 free Armenian fonts and fc-cache was not needed. I have just
copied into a subdirectory of texmf-local/fonts/opentype which is known to
my fontconfig

Zdeněk Wagner
https://www.zdenek-wagner.eu/