lualatex error (and how to solve it)

Fede Bosio fedebosio93 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 18:50:55 CEST 2024

I have Tex Live 2023 installed in a 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack
1. I wasn't able to run lualatex due to a missing Microsoft Visual C++
Runtime dependency.

[image: image.png]
Fortunately, I have Python 3.8 installed, so I already had the file
in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs\Python\Python38 and I just copied it
to C:\texlive\2023\bin\windows to make lualatex work.
[image: image.png]
I'm not sure why this happened though since I do see this file in the Tex
Live Subversion repository
<https://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/windows/>. I guess I had an
older version installed. How can I prevent these errors in the future?