SyncTeX not working right with LuaLaTeX in TeX Live

Akira Kakuto kakuto at jcom.zaq.ne.jp
Wed Jan 19 22:55:27 CET 2022

Dear Benedikt,

On 2022/01/19 20:25, Benedikt Wilde wrote:
> that's great to hear, thanks for fixing it. I'll be looking forward to the next version then.

In the case of TeX Live 2021, try 64bit binaries at CTAN/systems/win32/TLW64.
It looks like the 64bit lualatex works OK.
You will need to recreate a format by fmtutil-sys --byfmt lualatex,
because the present expl3.lua seems to create different formats for 32bit/64bit luahbtex
on Windows.

Best,
Akira