texmfcnf.lua is broken for ConTeXt.

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Wed Aug 17 16:16:19 CEST 2022

On Wed, 17 Aug 2022, amano.kenji wrote:
> Something like TEXMFSYSVAR="selfautoparent:texmf-var;selfautoparent:/var/lib/texmf", TEXMFSYSCONFIG="selfautoparent:texmf-config;selfautoparent:/etc/texmf", and TEXMFDIST="selfautoparent:texmf-dist;selfautodir:share/texmf-dist"?

Do you mean in texmf.cnf? That will not work, kpathsea does not support
this notion.

Furthermore, having hard-coded paths like /var/lib/texmf or /etc/texmf
which might be different on different distributions (why not
/var/cache/texmf, or /etc/texlive/, ...) baked into upstream is not
a good idea.

I don't think it is soooo difficult for downstream distributions to
adjust the paths to the correct values. In Debian we are doing this
since 15+ years with practically unchanged patches.

Best regards

Norbert

Mercari Inc.     +     IFMGA Guide     +     TU Wien     +     TeX Live