tlmgr package dependencies

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 12:08:51 CEST 2022

Hi all,

yes, it would work in an ideal world where all package authors would
prepare such a file but I am aware that all authors will not do it.
Another proble is that there is not only TeX Live but also MiKTeX and
authors probably will not be happy to prepare two dependency files. In
fact, even Linux is not that ideal. Maybe it is already fixed but
VirtualBox does not work out of the box in Fedora because an important
dependency is missing, you must know what to install manually to make
it work. A few days ago I uploaded a bug fix of my packages and CTAN
does not say how to include an information on dependencies. I list
dependencies in the manual and will mention in the announcement if it
changes.

Zdeněk Wagner

so 23. 4. 2022 v 11:02 odesílatel Maximilian Nöthe