arabtex-doc.tex in wrong folder

Arash Esbati arash at gnu.org
Sun May 9 20:42:39 CEST 2021

Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> writes:

>     arabtex-doc.tex is currently (TL2021) located under:
>         texlive/2021/texmf-dist/tex/latex/arabtex/
>
>     which seems wrong to me.  I think the right place is:
>         texlive/2021/texmf-dist/doc/latex/arabtex/
>
> Thanks much, fixed for tonight.
>
> I also moved all the other .tex files, except for arabtex.tex itself, to
> to the doc/ directory. It appeared to me they were all examples of using
> various scripts/features. --thanks, karl.

Thanks for the fix and my apologies that I didn't check the other files
:-(  I'm not an arabtex user but it seems that hebtex.tex is also needed
at runtime.  Packages install.txt says[1]:

Subdirectory "texinput": (ASCII files)
arabtex.sty     LaTeX 2e package, LaTeX 2.09 style option: driver
arabtex.tex     loader and patches for use with Plain TeX
hebtex.tex      Hebrew mode: loader for use with Plain TeX

So I suggest to move hebtex.tex back into texmf-dist/tex/latex/arabtex/.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  http://mirrors.ctan.org/language/arabic/arabtex/install.txt