Unable to update TexLive packages from any mirror

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Tue Jun 29 15:09:11 CEST 2021

Hi Александр,

> Since several days, tlmgr update -list does not work as expected; instead,
> it returns the error message  TLPDB::from_file could not initialize from:

Well, looking at your logs:

> D:TLUtils::download_file: tried to download using lwp curl wget, none succeeded

it seems that nothing managed to download from the respective location.
Since you stated that this happens with every mirror, I can only assume
that either you are accessing the internet via a proxy and this is not
set up properly, or something is blocking some internet sites.

If neither LWP, nur curl, nor wget suceeded, then you are out of luck.

Can you try on a command line
	wget http://mirrors.mi.ras.ru/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.xz
and see if that works?

Best

Norbert

Fujitsu Research  +  IFMGA Guide  +  TU Wien  +  TeX Live  + Debian Dev