Segmentation Fault while loading format file

Martin Preen preen at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Jun 29 09:21:30 CEST 2021

On 28.06.21 16:37, Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
> This is because format file differences have crept in between 32-bit
> and 64-bit platforms. This has been fixed in the sources, but not in
> the binaries, because of the small number of people affected, and
> because there is a workaround:
>
> users can create a private pdflatex format file with a command
>
> fmtutil-user --byfmt pdflatex
>
> A drawback is that per-user format files are not automatically
> updated when needed.

This is not a really useful workaround for the users and we do appreciate
having one network installation for multiple platforms. Otherwise multiple
installations would be needed.

If there is now a 32/64-bit difference in the format files, the programs
should be aware of this. Maybe the TL update script can maintain format files
for both variants.

Martin

Martin Preen, Universität Freiburg, Institut für Informatik
Georges-Koehler-Allee 52, Raum EG-006, 79110 Freiburg, Germany

phone: ++49 761 203-8250    preen at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
fax: ++49 761 203-8242      swt.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/staff/preen