config.ps and landscape page size

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Jul 23 19:13:40 CEST 2021

Am Fri, 23 Jul 2021 18:44:42 +0200 schrieb Zdenek Wagner:

> Yes, this is not a bug but long known feature. I am not sure how
> geometry exactly works, I try to address this problem in my
> zwpagelayout package. Can you try whether it works for you?

I must say it would be easier to get the options right if
the documentation wouldn't use small caps ;-)

In any case this here

\RequirePackage{expl3}
\ExplSyntaxOn
\pdf_uncompress:
\ExplSyntaxOff

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[a4,Landscape]{zwpagelayout}

\begin{document}
blub
\end{document}

creates also a portrait mediabox:

/Type/Page/MediaBox [0 0 595 842]
/Rotate 270

So it has the same problem.

And while I use geometry for the example you get the same if you use
the \special directly.

> This was extremely important for me when sending the PS to a phototypesetter

Well it probably doesn't affect printing, perhaps they even prefer a
portrait page format.  The problem is more that if you add
annotations and similar, then it is pain if effectivly everything is
rotated and the text goes from top to bottom and not from left to
right.

Btw: you did get my message that zwpagelayout is not compatible with
pdfmanagement-testphase?

--
Ulrike Fischer
https://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/