Installing TeXlive 2021 scheme-minimal: I can't find file `dehypht-x-2021-02-26.tex'

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 12:23:22 CEST 2021

On Fri, 2 Jul 2021 at 11:40, Philipp Tempel wrote:

> On that note though, what now really confuses me: how can a double slash in TEXMFSYSCONFIG and TEXMFSYSVAR cause this behavior?

I tend to believe that double slashes have some special meaning to
kpathsea, but I don't know (and didn't bother investigating) the
details.

> Particularly cause an error that emerges only when installing the three smallest schemes (infraonly, minimal, basic) but with scheme-small and higher there is no more issues?

The issue is present in all cases, it's just that you don't notice it
when you install a scheme that's big enough to contain the
"problematic package".
The file that shouldn't be found by kpathsea contains references to a
package that's apparently only installed with the bigger schemes, so
you don't notice anything weird there, but it breaks when the
referenced files are missing (which happens in the smaller schemes).

Mojca