I report as asked by tlmgr

Pascal Lambrechts pascal.lambrechts at uclouvain.be
Tue Jan 12 09:57:23 CET 2021

Hi,

I tried for the first time tlmgr, with some clue from

I quickly tan into a request to report to you, so I do.

Since I am not very aware of texlive installation I cannot help more
that in giving you the message from my session:

$ tlmgr update --list
(running on Debian, switching to user mode!)
Cannot determine type of tlpdb from /home/pl/texmf!
cannot setup TLPDB in /home/pl/texmf at /usr/bin/tlmgr line 6424.

$ tlmgr init-usertree
(running on Debian, switching to user mode!)
Cannot determine type of tlpdb from /home/pl/texmf!

$ tlmgr update --list
(running on Debian, switching to user mode!)
/usr/bin/tlmgr: Initialization failed (in setup_unix_one):
/usr/bin/tlmgr: could not find a usable xzdec.
/usr/bin/tlmgr: Please install xzdec and try again.
tlmgr: Couldn't set up the necessary programs.
Installation of packages is not supported.
Please report to texlive at tug.org.
Use of uninitialized value $r in split at /usr/share/texlive/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 4157.
tlmgr: Cannot find main repository, you have to tag one as main!

Best,
Pascal
--
Pascal Lambrechts  --  UCLouvain (SST/SC/MATH IRMP)
building: Marc De Hemptinne (Louvain-la-Neuve) - Local: B 430