Why is quran package installed by default on Texlive2020

Jan Andersen j4nd3r53n at gmail.com
Mon May 18 09:22:49 CEST 2020

At the end of all this, perhaps a better question would be "why not
include ...?" - as far as I can see, the ability to typeset religious
texts in a particular format is nothing more than a passive ability; it
sets there, if you want to use it, but it doesn't affect anything if you
don't. The only concern might be too much clutter in your filesystem,
but considering the amount of other stuff I have lying around 'just
because', it is hardly a major issue.

I think, although it hasn't been mentioned explicitly, that this is more
about someone having a grudge against, in this case, Islam. A small
century ago it was Judaism - haven't come far enough to lay this sort of
prejudice to rest, finally?