"Permission(s) denied" with today's update

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Thu Jun 4 13:20:00 CEST 2020

> > I think this happens when there is a job using texlive bits while you are updating.
>
> Interesting idea, George.  In fact I never (intentionally) use LuaTeX, but I did have TeXworks open on a XeTeX source file and resultant PDF.  I closed it, repeated the

Yes, and we have mentioned this already many times.
It is ***Winblows*** you cannot replace a file for an executable that is
in use. Full stop. Ask the masters of Winblows why every other OS can do
that but not Windows, till now.

So yes, shut down everything TeX related before doing updates.

> > C:\TeX\Live\2020>tlmgr update --self --all --verify-repo=none
> > tlmgr.pl: package repository http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet (not verified: gpg unavailable)
> > tlmgr.pl: saving backups to C:/TeX/Live/2020/tlpkg/backups
> > tlmgr.pl: skipping forcibly removed package: amscls

Are you sure you removed amscls?

> which leave me wondering in what state LuaTeX now is ...

I would suggest:
- tlmgr install amscls
- tlmgr install --reinstall luatex

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev