"Permission(s) denied" with today's update

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Thu Jun 4 13:10:49 CEST 2020

George N. White III wrote:

> I think this happens when there is a job using texlive bits while you are updating.

Interesting idea, George.  In fact I never (intentionally) use LuaTeX, but I did have TeXworks open on a XeTeX source file and resultant PDF.  I closed it, repeated the

> tlmgr update --self --all --verify-repo=none

and it ran almost immediately to completion but without recording any impact on LuaTeX or related :

> C:\TeX\Live\2020>tlmgr update --self --all --verify-repo=none
> tlmgr.pl: package repository http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet (not verified: gpg unavailable)
> tlmgr.pl: saving backups to C:/TeX/Live/2020/tlpkg/backups
> tlmgr.pl: skipping forcibly removed package: amscls

which leave me wondering in what state LuaTeX now is ...

Philip Taylor