About biber installation [Android]

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 3 21:12:46 CET 2020

On Mon, Feb 03, 2020 at 10:22:11AM +0100, Angelo Graziosi via tex-live wrote:
> Recently I installed Termux (https://termux.com) on an Android device (a tablet, 4 GiB+128 GiB).
>
> Termux is a sort of Linux distribution based on Debian. It has the texlive-full package but rebuilding some documents it fails because that system does not have biber. So I asked to Temux people. They point me to this _recipe_: "https://github.com/termux/termux-packages/issues/981#issuecomment-575897769", which really I do not understand much. Really I need to install 30 min of download perl modules? I install regularly TL on GNU/Linux, macOS and Windows+WSL with install-tl script and never I had issues with biber.
>
> Maybe you have some suggestion..
>
> TIA,
>  Angelo.

Biber uses a vast amount of perl modules (when you include the
dependencies for each).  If you are on a platform where upstream
provides biber binaries, the modules are "rolled up" into the binary.

For those of us who build everything from source, the perl
dependencies for biber are vast (particularly if you wish to run all
the tests for each perl module).

So, either you need to install the modules, or else persuade someone
else to provide a binary.  Sorry.

ĸen
--
We had folksingers in the lower bar for six months back home where
I worked.  In the end we had to get a man in with a ferret.