[tex-live] BAD signature from "TeX Live Distribution <tex-live at tug.org>"

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Oct 15 12:06:10 CEST 2018

On Mon, 15 Oct 2018, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> There is nothing in the squid log at all which means that the installer
> have not tried at all.
> What should I try to help you diagnose the problem?

Check which downloader is used by using -v, should be LWP.

Then you need to tell LWP to use the proxy, see man LWP:
ENVIRONMENT
       The following environment variables are used by LWP:

       HOME
           The LWP::MediaTypes functions will look for the .media.types and .mime.types files relative to you home directory.

       http_proxy
       ftp_proxy
       xxx_proxy
       no_proxy
           These environment variables can be set to enable communication through a proxy server.  See the description of the
           "env_proxy" method in LWP::UserAgent.

       PERL_LWP_ENV_PROXY
           If set to a TRUE value, then the LWP::UserAgent will by default call "env_proxy" during initialization.  This makes LWP
           honor the proxy variables described above.

       PERL_LWP_SSL_VERIFY_HOSTNAME
           The default "verify_hostname" setting for LWP::UserAgent.  If not set the default will be 1.  Set it as 0 to disable
           hostname verification (the default prior to libwww-perl 5.840.

       PERL_LWP_SSL_CA_FILE
       PERL_LWP_SSL_CA_PATH
           The file and/or directory where the trusted Certificate Authority certificates is located.  See LWP::UserAgent for
           details.

       PERL_HTTP_URI_CLASS
           Used to decide what URI objects to instantiate.  The default is URI.  You might want to set it to URI::URL for
           compatibility with old times.

I faintly remember that we documented this somewhere, but that could be
improved I guess.

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer