[tex-live] BAD signature from "TeX Live Distribution <tex-live at tug.org>"

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 11:55:40 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I do not use CentOS 7 for my regular work but I do have access to such a
machine and it is directly connected to the internet but by setting the
http_proxy variable I can force it to use squid which is under my control
so that I can view the log. When I try to install TL without proxy, it
works. If I try to use proxy, I get this error:

wagner at klastr1:~/texlive/install-tl-20181015$ ./install-tl
cannot contact mirror.ctan.org, returning a backbone server!
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
./install-tl: TLPDB::from_file could not download
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb;
./install-tl: maybe the repository setting should be changed.

There is nothing in the squid log at all which means that the installer
have not tried at all.
What should I try to help you diagnose the problem?

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz

po 15. 10. 2018 v 7:29 odesílatel Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>