[tex-live] inclusion of texlive-includernw

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Nov 11 15:59:40 CET 2018

Hi

> As I have come to understand it, the problem is that Fedora
> installs R together with texlive-collection-mathscience because of
> includernw.sty, due to it's dependency on R and R-knitr.

Yeah, this is what I expect.

> However, Roger does not want to use includernw, and has R installed
> (in a non-conventional location on his computer). This leaves Roger
> with two R installations and a .sty he doesn't use.

And? Is disk space the problem? If Roger has his installation say in
	/opt/R/bin
	/opt/R/lib
and the Fedora packages will probably install into
	/usr/bin/R
	/usr/lib/R/...
then, if the version in /opt/R/bin is in the front of the PATH, it will
be used and will not - unless explicitly told to - use the packages of
Fedora in /usr/lib/R

This is the very same case with TeX installations by the packaging
system and the original from TUG. Setting up the PATH correctly solves
these problems.

If it is the disk space, then Roger can take a similar approach as
explained for Debian and TeX Live in
	https://www.tug.org/texlive/debian.html
under
	Integrating vanilla TeX Live with Debian
one needs to create a dummy packages the tells the package manager (rpm
in Roger's case) that there is a full R installation available.

But this is only necessary when disk space is scarce, what in the case
of R should make a huge difference.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer