[tex-live] MacTex Bug: wget.x86_64-darwin is missing HTTPS support

Sebastian Gerecke mail at gerecke.me
Wed May 16 17:19:14 CEST 2018

As you said, that's the version from MacPorts. TexLive uses its own version
of wget. You'll find it under

/usr/local/texlive/2018/tlpkg/installer/wget/wget.x86_64-darwin

The problem is, that the bundled version does not support HTTPS. Therefore,
tlmgr update fails when using a repository using https.

As I said, I consider this to be a bug since the Windows version doesn't
have that problem.

Sebastian