[tex-live] For Windows haters everywhere :-)

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Sep 7 23:07:34 CEST 2008

I just thought I should share the following gem
from the Logitech site; the problem has been
bugging me for months, and I have only just
tracked down this "fix" :

> This article explains what to do if during
 > the installation of the Logitech Harmony
 > Remote Software, the Setup prepares the
 > Install Wizard, and then does not continue.
 > The resulting message is shown as follows:

[screenshot snipped]

> Cause:

> The Logitech Harmony Remote software uses the
 > default temp file on your PC. If the default
 > temp folder has been changed it will need to
 > be set back to the default or the install
 > software will freeze as previously described.

** Phil.