[tex-live] One question from Korean TeX Users Group

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
04 Nov 2002 11:26:17 +0000

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 03:30, Cho, Jin-Hwan wrote:

> In these days there was a discussion in KTUG to make KTUGLive, like
> like TeXLive, containing some additional packages for Korean TeX Users.

what would you take out? the CD is full. In general,
I would rather roll things needed for KTUG into the main CD
if at all possible.

> To do so we need to modify the installer program, TeXSetup.exe.
can  you explain why?

what about the Unix installer?

> Could you tell me what the license of TeXSetup is? And, is there no
> license problem to modify TeXLive7 and to change the name to KTUGLive,
> for example?
so far as I can see, there would be no problem

> Furthermore, it would be nice if you give some comment on making TPM
> files easily.

What I do is make a tiny tree which contains all of a package
ready in place under texmf/, and then then I run a Perl script which
writes a .tpm catalogue. My script is awful, but you should
be able to write something similar quite easily