[tex-live] AIX binaries (Web2C 7.3.7x)

Wolfgang Kaspar wolfgang.kaspar@uni-muenster.de
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 14:29:00 +0100 (MEZ)

Dear TeX-Live-team,

to provide our university with a central customized TeX-System
for serveral operating systems (win32, solaris, aix and linux
with only one common texmf-tree) I use the TeX Live CD since 1998.

With TeX Live 7 I encountered the following problem:
The binaries for nearly all operating systems are compiled with
Web2C 7.3.7x. Only the powerpc-aix4.3.3.0 (and alpha-linux) binaries
are compiled with Web2C 7.3.7 (without "x") and therefore they need
a different set of FMT files.

Are there "aix-7.3.7x-binaries" meanwhile?

Best wishes
Wolfgang Kaspar